[phpMyAdmin News] phpMyAdmin security pre-release announcement

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:52:12 CET 2020

Hello,

The phpMyAdmin team is announcing that we are preparing a security fix
which we plan to release Friday, tomorrow, approximately 30 hours from now.

The attack vector requires that the attacker be authenticated through a
valid MySQL/MariaDB account. Both the 4.9 and 5.0 branches will be updated.

This announcement is part of our ongoing effort to announce security
releases in advance, when available, and should not be interpreted as
any commentary on the details of any specific vulnerability.

If you have questions or concerns, you can reach me directly or contact
the security team at security at phpmyadmin.net.

Isaac for the phpMyAdmin team