[Phpmyadmin-translators] [creaction at compuserve.com: Fixed a small bug in lang.incs]

Olivier Mueller 8304 at 8304.ch
Tue Feb 19 12:40:16 CET 2002

(came to: phpmyadmin-translators-admin at lists.sourceforge.net, resent to the right place)

----- Forwarded message from Oliver Heinisch <creaction at compuserve.com> -----

Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:24:24 +0100
To: phpmyadmin-translators-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
From: Oliver Heinisch <creaction at compuserve.com>
Subject: Fixed a small bug in lang.incs

Hi Folks,
Not a real bug, but an optimizing fact.
Problem:
If a user works on an windows machine, Adobe Type Manager installed,
he will get helvetica shown like helvetica looks. Unfortunately this lets
websites look very bad, when the font size decreases. I´ve 19" Monitors
and a 10pt helvetica font will look smeary (don´t ask `bout 8pt). To change
this behaviour, you have to change the font list in the CSS definition
simply from
helvetica, arial, geneva.... to arial, helvetica, geneva... which doesn´t
change the look on regular WINboxes nor on *IX machines and macs, but
makes ATM-Users like me happy. I´ve done the changes already, but
cannot (or don´t know) how to put it back in the CVS.
Any help would be great.

TIA Oliver

----- End forwarded message -----