[Phpmyadmin-translators] On line translating system

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Dec 8 08:21:05 CET 2005

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> I have an idea of on line system, that would allow (easier) updating
> translations. However before putting any effort into actual
> implementation, I need to know whether it will be used by translators
> and how to handle some specific situations. This is why I cross-posted
> this message.
>
> So first question is basically for translators:
>
> Would you prefer manual file editing or web based system?
I think I prefer manual but I guess the majority of translators would
prefer web. But maybe I would prefer web after a few times.

> The rest are implementation details:
>
> Should be access allowed to anyone or limit it to current translators?

Tricky question, balancing between protecting the data and an inviting
system for new translators. I would say that data protection is more
important.

> In case of unrestricted access, there should be some kind of review of
> translated texts by translator?

Yes.

> Would it be good to automatically commit updated messages to CVS (after
> possible approval) or just provide way to generate updated file to
> commit?

Auto-commit after approval would be fun. Dealing just with HEAD?

marc