[Phpmyadmin-translators] Re: On line translating system

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Sun Dec 11 09:09:08 CET 2005

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:58:26 +0100
Mihailo Stefanović <mikis at mikis.org> wrote:

> > Would it be good to automatically commit updated messages to CVS (after
> > possible approval) or just provide way to generate updated file to commit?
>
> It would be nice to be able to commit messages automatically, and skip few boring steps (see above :)).
>
> You should have in mind that several similar systems exist already, like Rosetta (https://launchpad.net/rosetta), primary translation system for the Ubuntu Project and hundreds of other open-source projects. I don't know if it would be possible (possible it is, but is it easy enough?) to import PMA language files to Rosetta, and export and commit them later. Also, too bad the Rosetta software itself is not open-sourced, so you have to use their system, on their servers.

Well I tried to use Rosetta for other project using gettext and they
still didn't accept it, so I'm not going to do through long
registration to gain nothing...

> Then there is Pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/), but it is written in Python, and is not quite there yet.

Yes, I wanted first look at existing projects, however I expect there
will be much work to port it as most of them expect gettext files.

--
    Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com