[Phpmyadmin-devel] [locati at users.sourceforge.net: proposal]

Geert Lund - SilverSoft Productions glund at silversoft.dk
Fri Aug 10 15:41:07 CEST 2001

Hey all.

> I think the idea is fine, but also that we _first_ should
> finish the 2.2.0 release before working on any new
> (even if cool) feature. Otherwise we will have
> rc5, rc6, ... rc99 like the linux kernel :)

> Comments welcome!

I agree. I think it would be a very nice feature and I agree on putting it
on the TODO/Wish list but that we forget about it until after the 2.2.0
release.

Further I think this might as for some considerations on splitting
phpMyAdmin into modules (for a future version 3.x.x series) - making it easy
to append new features (and for new users to append their own modules) - but
also minimizing the system/software requrements for the running of a basic
phpMyAdmin without all the fancy features/modules.

Because the more advanced phpMyAdmin get's - the more difficult to use it
gets and the security-issues just gets larger and larger. So it might be
very nice for ISP (etc.) to be able to disable specific features/modules.

This way - we would also have a basic phpMyAdmin core that woulden't need to
be serious tested every time a new feature/module is added/changed - making
it more efficienent to test specific features/modules.

Comments on this is appreciated? ;o)))

Have a nice weekend.

--
Kind regards