[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.2.0-final: when ?

Marc Delisle lem9 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 18 18:43:08 CEST 2001

"Olivier M." a écrit :

> Bonjour :)
>
> Everything is in the Subject-line... The homepage is
> currently saying: August 2001: 2.2.0-final.
>
> Do you think we will manage to fix all the current bugs
> in the 10 next days ? What are the most important show-stoppers
> for the moment ?

Bonjour !

A few days ago I wrote to the list:
--------------
Will it be bug-free?  I don't think so.

Will it be the last phpMyAdmin version?  I don't think so.

Will 2.2.1 be better?  I think yes.

--------------

I know that 2.2.0 is a milestone and that it must be good,
but we can't make it perfect.

I will surely not please all developpers, but I think that we can
release it now, because: using the most popular browsers, and
in day-to-day operations, this version is stable and useful.

I know, we can always say: we must fix this or that bug.
For example, it turns out that we can only reproduce the blob
corruption bug (not in the bug tracker) with IE 5.0.  With IE 5.5
the bug does not occur.  So for me, a simple warning in the
documentation
would be enough.

Regards,

Marc