[Phpmyadmin-devel] moving Browse - Select - Insert

Martin Marconcini megadeth at millic.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 18:14:54 CEST 2001

> BTW, I think the tbl_properties.php3 page has become REALLY
complicated
> and somewhat in no particular logical order (indexes, stats, then
print
> view, run sql query, then browse-select-insert, then ... etc) ... and
I 'm
> not sure there's a good way to put all this in one single page.
>
> Anyone for a clean, hierarchical design of this page (maybe for 2.3) ?

Uhmm.. excuse me I interrupt. I just subscribed yesterday, I am not sure
I'm the appropriate one to speak here. But IMO the tbl_properties should
be reorganized.
phpMyadmin is an excellent tool I must recognize, I have been using it
yesterday for 7 hours and I found no problem nor any complains. However,
it's true that tbl_properties may need a few changes.

I do have an idea, the contents are separated by sections and all the
mess of options are removed by default until the user clicks on an
option. That "button" could be either on the left frame and could
(thanks to DHTML) appear automatically, or it could be, as suggested by
some users, a small bar w/small icons. Even no icons are needed if text
is properly used.

If you agree I could try to do it and in a few days you tell me what do
you think of it.

?

Regards,

Martin.