[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.2.0 - Feature Freeze

Tue Jul 10 23:47:51 CEST 2001

"Olivier M." a écrit :

> Bonsoir,
>
> There were lots of interesting ideas on the list these days,
> but I think we should first concentrate our work on the
> last fixes before the 2.2.0-final release. By releasing
> 2.2.0rc1, I meant it would mean a feature freeze, but it seems
> I forgot to write that somewhere, sorry.
>
> As timeplan, I'd suggest:
>         14/07:  2.2.0rc2
>         20/07:  2.2.0-final

Yes!  let's get -final for my birthday :)

> Priorities (please comment!)
>         - testing of all features (builing a "test-suite" ?)

This is difficult to do, because we must have access to many MySQL
versions.  If the freeze is really frozen (I would even say "no small
improvements"), I am volunteer to test, but I think the current cvs is
quite releasable right now...

>         - bugfixes

I don't think the bugs in bug tracker right now are show stoppers.

>         - documentation!

Hmmm there are not many volunteers for this (see Feature tracker)...

>         - translations

I guess we will get more translations from the field, for 2.2.1 :)

>         - small improvements

I would say let's wait for those.

>         - maybe a setup.php page, that would create the bookmarks
>           table automaticaly (input: db, login, pw: check how
>           phpmyedit does that for example).

Let's wait.

>         - but no more big changes please! :)
>
> And please keep your strenghts for August and September, to
> work on 2.3 :)
>
> Olivier

Marc