[Phpmyadmin-devel] Two big bugs

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Fri Jul 13 01:08:31 CEST 2001

Hi All!

Here are two really annoying bugs I've been reported:

1. select * from aTable where afield <123
    select * from aTable where afield like "arg"

Before these kind of queries are submitted to MySQL, the 'htmlspecialchars'
function is applied on them (db_readdump.php3, line 62). Then the '<' and
'"'
characters are replaced by their html entities and, of course, MySQL fails
to run the transformed query.

The question is: does anyone of you knows why the 'htmlspecialchars'
funtion is applied at this stage? I've just tried to comment this line and
can't
face any problem!

2. select * from link LIMIT 1,5

This kind of query always fails because of an invalid derived query at lines
82-94 in sql.php3

Greets,
Loïc