[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.2.0 - Feature Freeze

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Wed Jul 11 23:17:51 CEST 2001

Hi Olivier & list!

>There were lots of interesting ideas on the list these days,
>but I think we should first concentrate our work on the
>last fixes before the 2.2.0-final release. By releasing
>2.2.0rc1, I meant it would mean a feature freeze, but it seems
>I forgot to write that somewhere, sorry.

Well, my fault but when I need to rewrite a important part of a
script to fix a bug I usually prefer to ensure it validates all the
standards at the same time... It's so annoying to do!

OK for a freeze. It means the remaining Konqueror bug won't
be fixed now (I'm pretty sure it is related to invalid html/xhtml
statements).

>As timeplan, I'd suggest:
> 14/07:  2.2.0rc2
> 20/07: 2.2.0-final

Good idea: this way many ISP will upgrade and complain about
major bugs at the Marc birthday! I suggest he would be assigned
all the bug submitted this day :D (Lucky guy you are, Marc :p)

>Priorities (please comment!)

1. documentation!
It was a priority but now documentation seems to be far or less
completed, isn't it?
Translate it may be a good idea but I think we'd better focusing
on bug fixes now. Maybe some users of the rc1 and rc2 can do
this job if one put a SourceForge news containing such a request.

2. testing of all features (builing a "test-suite" ?)
   bugfixes
Stands together since there is not much bugs remaining and to fix
before 2.2.0

3. translations
But I'm afraid users will do translation after 2.2.0 is released. Maybe a
news at the SourceForge front page can help...

4. small improvements
What does 'small' means, that's the point for me ;)

5. setup.php page, that would create the bookmarks table
    automaticaly
Might be interesting...

6. but no more big changes please :)
What is a "big" change :D