[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Problem with binary data

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Tue Jul 17 13:04:34 CEST 2001

Hi Stevae & list!

>we have another new problem with binary data inside of
>fields.
>Older phpMyAdmin Versions without the 'htmlspecialchars'
>changes works fine (pre5).

Arg....

>i think it's a problem with 'primary_key' building.
>In lib.inc.php3 we use currently
>addslashes(htmlspecialchars($row[$i]))
>instead of addslashes($row[$i]) ...

Yep, we need some kind of transformations because a primary
key name may contains "annoying" characters, but
htmlspecialchars is not the good function to use: it's urlencode.
And this means lots of changes all among the scripts (I'm
currently working on).

>I hope we have enough time to fix all current problems ...

Well, I'm afraid not if the dead-line is the next week-end :(

Regards,
Loïc