[Phpmyadmin-devel] Great news: we're getting "official"... ! :)

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Sat Jun 2 12:53:34 CEST 2001

Good'day,

Here the short answer I got from Tobias a few days ago:

Subject: Re: ping?  -   (phpmyadmin) (retry...)
From: "Tobias Ratschiller" <Tobias.Ratschiller at maguma.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 09:53:14 +0200
To: "Olivier Mueller" <omueller at 8304.ch>

Okay, two issues:

- I like your version and would like it to be the official version.
- The phpMyAdmin-site is still popular and should be the official presence.

We have two choices: I can provide you with FTP/CVS access to phpWizard, or
I can link to sourceforge for downloads/CVS. What do you think?

-Tobias

If I understand correctely, that means we can remove the "un"
part from the "unofficial" on the http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net/
pages :) Isn't that cool ?

Here was my answer to Tobias (sent the 28.05, but still without answer):

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 09:53:14AM +0200, Tobias Ratschiller wrote:
> Okay, two issues:
>
> - I like your version and would like it to be the official version.

Sounds nice, thanks. I'll forward your mail to the devel-ML.
If you have a sourceforge username, could you please tell it me,
and I'll add you also as project admin.

> - The phpMyAdmin-site is still popular and should be the official presence.

Ok, it's the most well-known place to get phpMyAdmin, so that's perfect.

> We have two choices: I can provide you with FTP/CVS access to phpWizard, or
> I can link to sourceforge for downloads/CVS. What do you think?

- keep the CVS on sourceforge (more practical to open/close developper
  access, and also nice because of the bug trackers, etc.)

- ftp access would be needed, to add direct links to the
  latest release on the page under http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/
  and some news.

- and maybe there would be some space for a working demo ? the mysql
  support of sourceforge is not working yet, and people *loves* demos :)

Regards,
Olivier

Any comment ? Thanks again to you all for your work, and
see you later on the devel-list.

Kind regards,
Olivier

CC: sent to Tobias Ratschiller and Geert Lund (forum manager)
 Olivier Mueller - om at 8304.ch - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland
qmail projects: http://omail.omnis.ch  -  http://webmail.omnis.ch