[Phpmyadmin-devel] Great news: we're getting "official"... ! :)

Sun Jun 3 01:56:28 CEST 2001

"Olivier M." a écrit :

> Good'day,
>
> Here the short answer I got from Tobias a few days ago:
> (...)
> If I understand correctely, that means we can remove the "un"
> part from the "unofficial" on the http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net/
> pages :) Isn't that cool ?

Yes very cool!

> Here was my answer to Tobias (sent the 28.05, but still without answer):

> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 09:53:14AM +0200, Tobias Ratschiller wrote:
> > Okay, two issues:
> >
> > - I like your version and would like it to be the official version.
>
> Sounds nice, thanks. I'll forward your mail to the devel-ML.
> If you have a sourceforge username, could you please tell it me,
> and I'll add you also as project admin.
>
> > - The phpMyAdmin-site is still popular and should be the official presence.
>
> Ok, it's the most well-known place to get phpMyAdmin, so that's perfect.
>
> > We have two choices: I can provide you with FTP/CVS access to phpWizard, or
> > I can link to sourceforge for downloads/CVS. What do you think?
>
> - keep the CVS on sourceforge (more practical to open/close developper
>   access, and also nice because of the bug trackers, etc.)

Yes I think it's important to keep cvs on sourceforge.  So maybe remove cvs from
phpwizard?

What about the user forums?  Will we have to monitor on 2 sites?  Maybe close
sourceforge user forum?

> - ftp access would be needed, to add direct links to the
>   latest release on the page under http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/
>   and some news.
>
> - and maybe there would be some space for a working demo ? the mysql
>   support of sourceforge is not working yet, and people *loves* demos :)

Yup!