[Phpmyadmin-devel] Access denied for user: 'wwwrun at localhost' in /home/admin/www/mysql/lib.inc.php3 on line 6

Sun Jun 3 01:42:46 CEST 2001

Bonsoir Olivier (and list :)

"Olivier M." a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Currently trying the latest "stable" tree, and since
> the "mysql_db_query deprecate" (lem9,
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin/lib.inc.php3.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.18
> ), I get this error... (php4.0.5, using adv_auth and std_auth

> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'wwwrun at localhost' (Using password: NO) in

> /home/admin/www/mysql/lib.inc.php3 on line 6
> Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/admin/www/mysql/lib.inc.php3 on line 6
>
> In the setup, the user is "mysql", not "wwwrun" (that is the webserver id).
> Isn't this a bug ? :)

Hmmm, if I get the latest stable cvs and run it here, with Apache 1.3.20, PHP 4.0.5
and MySQL 3.23.38, I have no problem.

However, I had weird MySQL problems and solved them by compiling MySQL with gcc 2.95.3, not egcs.  A lot of people on the mysql
list have those problems: the show databases and show tables don't work, if compiled with the wrong compiler.

> Also tried the new "user admin feature": just look great, but also
> also maybe not ready:
>
> GRANT Select, Insert, Update, Delete, Create, Drop, Reload, Shutdown, Process, File, References, Index, Alter ON cyphor.* TO
> 'olivier'@'%' with grant option
> MySQL a répondu: Can't find any matching row in the user table

Do you really have this combination of user olivier and hostname % in your user table?

> --> on my mysql server, ther user-table looks like that:
> CREATE TABLE user (
>    Host char(60) NOT NULL,
>    User char(16) NOT NULL,
>    Password char(16) NOT NULL,
>    Select_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Insert_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Update_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Delete_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Create_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Drop_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Reload_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Shutdown_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Process_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    File_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Grant_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    References_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Index_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    Alter_priv enum('N','Y') DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
>    PRIMARY KEY (Host, User)
> );
>
> so the fields name are not corresponding...  Maybe a mysql-version compatiiblity
> problem ? (MySQL 3.23.30-gamma)

The grant syntax does not use the internal field names of the user table, so I don't see a problem here.