[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: "Table type" (MyIsam, Isam, etc.)

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Fri May 4 22:19:03 CEST 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 08:04:40AM -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> I suggest this:
> in select_lang.inc.php3, just before the require, add this:
> require($lang_path . 'english.inc.php3');
>
> So, if the translation is not available, english will show (hopefully the english file should be
> complete).

It would be a good hack, but that's not clean IMHO. This way, the
translators (not always technical people) would always have to compare
their file to the englich version on every check, which takes time.

It think it's much easier to add an "// last" tag at the end
of every lang file, and then with a
perl -i -p -e 's/\/\/\ last/newstringdef\n\/\/\ last/g' lang/*.php3
add the new string everywhere.   That's the way I use for example
with omail-webmail.

-> consistency
-> easier for translators
-> clean :)