[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: MAJOR suggestion

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Fri May 18 18:52:08 CEST 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001, [iso-8859-1] Loïc wrote:

> >hmm, I suppose some diehards out there would want to implement x-klingon
> >or i-georgian.
> In the case of NS4 and Thai (and most other non-european languages),
> I've been told the only way is to use the 'x-user-define' charset
> associated with a Thai font face. Maybe Korakot can confirm?
Thai sets the language ISO code as 'th', I asked him already.

> >Ok, after a little testing, I have seen that getting sessions to work on
> >NT can be a bit of a pain in the posterior. I have had some major problems
> >with PHP builds before as well, and it still segfaults on a certain page
> >of mine for absolutely no reason I can find, and If i restart my apache,
> >the problem goes away for a while even.
> Which release of Apache? 1.3.17 and 1.3.19 for winwin are known to be buggy.
The current segfault happens on Linux with Apache 1.3.19 w/PHP 4.04pl1 AND
Apache 1.3.14 w/PHP 4.03pl1.

> >> Lastly, we should need an other variable to define the cell alignement in
> >> tables according to the language direction.
> >Hmm, that one would be worth adding, for the sake of the Hebrew and
> >Japanese users out there at least.
> Arabic users also :p
A question, how are vertical languages coded in HTML normally?

--
---
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
ICQ#       : 30269588 or 41961639
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net
Time Zone  : Pacific Daylight (GMT - 8)
-----GEEK CODE-{---
Version: 3.12 Serial: 2001041400
e* h! tv-- X+ W+++ N+++ w--- M P+ R O-
D++ V-- PS+ PE-- Y+ PGP++ r !y t-- 5
s+:- b+++
---}-GEEK CODE-----
-----PGP INFO-{---
Key ID:0x7E20DFA1
FingerPrint:
5447C73A 30FB144C 89521B69 2D6A615E 7E20DFA1
---}-PGP INFO-----