[Phpmyadmin-devel] new auth

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Sat Nov 3 07:12:02 CET 2001

Hi List!

Ok for session but as to me they are still quite buggy :(

For example, with "track_vars" set:

1. Just try to set register_globals to "off" (it's the
    recomended value) and you'll face a really annoying bug that
    exists from php 4.0.1-pl1 to the current 4.0.6 version (it seems
    to be fixed in the current cvs for the 4.1.0 version) :
    $HTTP_SESSION_VARS is not updated when you use
    session_register('my_var')!

2. No set register_globals to "on" and you will see that
    $HTTP_SESSION_VARS is not more updated (while it should
    because "track_vars" is on).

See also php bug reports #5329, #11861, #12600.... and users notes at this
url: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

In a few words it means it will be very hard to know "which" session data to
use.

>'session'
>session-based, customized login panel, session id propagated by URL
>(still use stduser?)

Hum, how can we skip "stduser" ? The problem is not related to session
IMHO but to the MySQL version: if 3.23.4+ we may skip "stduser" since
the "SHOW GRANTS" MySQL statement is usable, else there is no better
way than "stduser" to get the user privileges.

Loïc