[Phpmyadmin-devel] new auth

Sat Nov 3 05:53:04 CET 2001

Hi,

Looking at the stats for 2.2.1, there were 17300 downloads of a .php version and 3300 for a .php3
version.  I presume that it means PHP4 is well deployed.

I think we could *add* another auth mecanism for PHP4 servers: session-based.  I use it in all my
other LAMP-based projects (did not try it with WAMP) and my users have no problems.

Instead of
$cfgServers[1]['adv_auth']

we could have
$cfgServers[1]['auth']

with the possible choices:

'config':
	the username/password are in the config file (old advanced=false)

'http'
	http authentication (old advanced=true)
	(still use stduser?)

'session'
	session-based, customized login panel, session id propagated by URL
	(still use stduser?)

Marc