[Phpmyadmin-devel] Questions

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Fri Sep 7 13:07:02 CEST 2001

Hi Ignacio & List!

>I would get rid of the "Drop" link on the top of the page,
Hum, why?

>get rid of the BSID links in the middle,
Done

>then move the BSID links from above the table properties
>to below the table properties.

Their current position is more convenient IMHO: if you have
a table with many fields and just want to insert a row, it's no
really an amazing game to scroll and scroll and scroll... the
page till you reach the bottom of the table properties.
On the opposite, having these links at top do not really
change anything with many fields: even without this "command
line", you'll have to scrool down to see a field near the end of
the field list.

[Splitting lib.inc.php3]
I'll do it tomorrow (of course, I'll do what Marc suggested but
there is not much things used only by a script in this library.

>I thought we had already discussed that char binary and
>varchar binary fields don't necessarily hold binary data;

Neither do BLOB fields, isn't it?
And since we have a setting in the configuration file to protect
binary blobs....

[About the strange and vanishing parse error]
Steve wrote me he'll have a look at it tomorrow. But that's
really stange indeed!

Regards,
Loïc