[Phpmyadmin-devel] Questions

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Fri Sep 7 13:15:02 CEST 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Loïc wrote:

> >I would get rid of the "Drop" link on the top of the page,
> Hum, why?

Having it in such an easily-accessible place doesn't seem safe to me. I
suppose you might say the same about empty, though.

> >then move the BSID links from above the table properties
> >to below the table properties.
>
> Their current position is more convenient IMHO: if you have
> a table with many fields and just want to insert a row, it's no
> really an amazing game to scroll and scroll and scroll... the
> page till you reach the bottom of the table properties.
> On the opposite, having these links at top do not really
> change anything with many fields: even without this "command
> line", you'll have to scrool down to see a field near the end of
> the field list.

Fair enough. Maybe then we should have the links at the top, then when the
table has more than 20 fields another could be added below.

> >I thought we had already discussed that char binary and
> >varchar binary fields don't necessarily hold binary data;
>
> Neither do BLOB fields, isn't it?
> And since we have a setting in the configuration file to protect
> binary blobs....

Maybe we should have two separate variables then; one for BLOBs, and one for
varchar binary / char binary.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>