[Phpmyadmin-devel] Apache crash with phpMyAdmin

David Vogel dvogel150 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 09:03:03 CEST 2001

on WinNT with PHP4.06 and phpMyAdmin2.2.0 when PHP is loaded as a module
into Apache server.  Apache would crash whenever MySQL returned 0 rows.

The conversation was transfered here at the advice of Loïc
(---.u-paris10.fr).  The suggestion was to:

1) "ensure the "zlib.output_buffering" directive is set to off in your php
config file."

The variable output_buffering WAS ALREADY set to OFF in the php config file.

2) "Could you try to reproduce your crashes with $cfgOBGzip set to FALSE in
the phpMyAdmin configuration file?"

Changing $cfgOBGzip to FALSE (from TRUE) in the phpMyAdmin config file was
SUCESSFUL (yippee!) in preventing the above described Apache crashes.

I have not done any extensive testing, but it does seem to fix my original
complaint.  Thanks very much Loic.