[Phpmyadmin-devel] Opinions required ;)

Mon Sep 24 12:08:38 CEST 2001

YES I like the layout.

Someone ( I think Olivier) mentionned that if a site has lots of databases and lots of tables, it's
relatively slow to transmit the whole left frame's contents.

So maybe 2 parts for the left frame: the database tree in the upper part, and the table list only
for the currently selected database, in the lower part.

About the Personnal data (Preferences), I guess it implies a preferences table (in a preferences
database), à la bookmarks.  I think that this should stay optional, because newbies maybe would not
know how to create the underlying structure.

Loïc a écrit :

> Hi List!
>
> Please have a look at the suggestion from the new developer who
> joins the team (Vergoz Michael):
>
> http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net/new_design/first_draft_01.gif
>
> And comment it, of course ;)
>
> Loïc
>
> Note: this url is for the dev team and regular contributors only, Michaël
>         suggest to keep the surprise for users.

Service de l'informatique
Collège de Sherbrooke, Québec