[Phpmyadmin-devel] how to improve dump feature

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Fri Sep 28 08:20:02 CEST 2001

>Why would we _need_ to send the reload headers if
>we are giving the client the download headers?

To bypass the server timeout. But it's not a so good
idea.

And if we want to bypass the server timeout don't we
also have to send nph headers or something like that?

>gzip in that case does indeed work in blocks, and I
>am certain we can exploit that to our advantage.

Yes but what about zip and bz2 (we may skip the
second one of course, but zip is really usefull and
far more widespred than gzip)?

Loïc