[Phpmyadmin-devel] official domain name phpmyadmin.net

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Mon Apr 8 11:56:31 CEST 2002

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Olivier M. wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:57:00AM -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > the development team would like to announce that the only official
> > domain name for this project is http://phpmyadmin.net (which currently
> > points to http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net).
>
> yes, phpmyadmin.org and phpmyadmin.com are owned by people willing to
> make money by selling the domain names. They have *nothing* to do with
> the phpmyadmin devel team.

But I see from the whois records that you own it Oliver!
;-)

Either way, it's good to have it.

Thanks.

Just a note. My week of final exams is April 15th -> 19th, and then I am
taking a week off relaxing, after which, I will be resuming a lot of work
on phpMyAdmin.

Your database stored configuration should be ready in a month or so. It
presently exists as a table by the name of 'config' in my database, and
just works barely. I need to improve a lot of it still before it's ready
for any other development work, and I want to make it more extensible.

For work on it, there is one thing I need to ask about. Would it be
feasible to get the existing code written to use a pair of functions,
pma_getvariable($name) and pma_setvariable($name,$data) whenever we are
dealing with a configuration variable? That would be used to 'hide' the
configuration system from the other developers, and reduce possible
problems. I am using the PHP serialize/unserialize to store data in the
database presently.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net