[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: branches
DelislMa at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Apr 23 05:25:04 CEST 2002
Loïc and List,
we should decide about working in 1 branch or 2, because right now we are stalled: we can't start
big changes if we have to release a 2.2.7 in a few weeks.
On the other hand, we don't need to work 3 months on a 2.3.0: even if the tbl_properties split is
not completed, we can release it, say in 6 weeks. We just have to be sure that the new cfg variables
are in place. We now have 3 volunteers on this, so better start soon!
Marc Delisle a écrit :
> I would not like to branch, because:
> - my time is limited and I don't like the idea of applying the corrections to 2 trees
> - 2.2.6 is stable and useful as is
> - we can always put individual patches on phpmyadmin.net for important 2.2.6 corrections
> - we should concentrate on 2.3.0 to be more productive and focused
> "Loïc" a écrit :
> > Hi List!
> > >I noticed that the CVS link on the phpMyAdmin website to the
> > >current CVS version is labelled as "CVS version 2.2.7-cvs".
> > >Shouldn't this be "CVS version 2.3.0-cvs"?
> > My fault! But I wonder if we'd not better work on two branches
> > in the CVS tree or on two CVS trees: one where we just pursuit
> > the fixing of little bugs of the 2.2.6 release (2.2.7-cvs then),
> > and the other one where we start the "big work" for 2.3.0.
> > Any thought?
> Marc Delisle
> Phpmyadmin-devel mailing list
> Phpmyadmin-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the Developers