[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: branches

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Tue Apr 23 10:02:24 CEST 2002

Marc,

why shall we hurry with 2.3.0?
Even if we needed 3 months, why shouldn't we take the ime we need?
I really don't like the idea of half-finished software. We are not
Microsoft... :o)

imho we should open a bugfix branch where we only commit really important
bugfixes that don't go too deep into the code, like the russian laguage file
for instance.
And in a few weeks, we'll release it as 2.2.7 and close the branch. If you
have not time to work on a second brach, it doesn't matter. It's not
necessary that we all work on the bugfix branch, Loïc and me could do it (is
it all right for you, Loïc?)... As a base for the bugfix branch, we should
use the files of our 2.2.6 release since I already committed patches I'm
currently working on...

Alexander