[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: branches

Tue Apr 23 10:23:09 CEST 2002

Alexander,

I did not said we should hurry for 2.3.0.  What we will release as 2.3.0 will be tested, but 2.3.0
won't have all the 50 new features requested :)

We once had 2 branches for this projects and I did not like the experience: too much work applying
fixes in both branches, and possibly having 2 versions for the same fix. Testing 2 branches, etc.

But I did not decide anything, I just told you my opinion.

Also, I think that 2.2.6 is quite useful in itself, and the bugs that will show up will be light and
can wait some weeks.