[Phpmyadmin-devel] $cfg and working CVS

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Wed Apr 24 19:18:03 CEST 2002

Ok, after one instance of $cfgServer that was missed by somebody, the CVS
copy now appears to be back in a functional state.

I don't forsee any of my other changes breaking PMA like this.

Further more, did nobody else see my converter script to convert old
instances of the configuration file to the new version?

It makes the libraries/config_import.lib.php3 file by Alex obsolete, as
the user can convert the configuration file to the new format very easily.
Do we want to use this to allow backwards compatibility, or do we require
users to convert their configuration file with the Perl script?

Looking at functionality based on filenames, config_import.lib.php3
describes what my new functions will be doing. Importing configuration
data from external sources. So if we are doing away with Alex's
compatibilty code, then I will reuse that file for my import functions.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2