[Phpmyadmin-devel] Support of older PHP/MySQL

Thu Apr 25 06:18:11 CEST 2002

Robin Johnson a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Presently, we still write out code in such a way that it should work with
> older releases of PHP and MySQL, however, I think we should conduct a
> survey to see what versions are in wide use. If a lot of people are
> tending to the newer versions of PHP/MySQL, then supporting them better is
> for us, but if they still use old PHP/MySQL widely, then we need to
> support them.

On the download page, for version 2.2.5, we see that there were about 15000 downloads
for files with .php3 extension, and this is probably a good indicator of the popularity of PHP3,
even if .php extensions tend to be 5 times more downloaded.

> One of the features that this effects crucially is using SHOW GRANTS to
> fix bug #474575.

I suggest to fix this bug for the users that have the recent enough MySQL version, and list the bug
as a limitation in the FAQ, for the older MySQL versions.

> Could one of the people with the main project administration rights please
> give me access to set up a survey?

I don't see a specific permission about surveys, but now you are tracker manager.