[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: $cfg and working CVS

Lo�c loic-div at ifrance.com
Thu Apr 25 08:41:16 CEST 2002

Hi list!

>A person copying a configuration file say between 2.2.0
>and 2.2.6 would face the same problem anyway, just because
>new variables have been added.

Hum, you can use the config file from the 2.2.0 release till the
2.2.5 release and, if you can't with the 2.2.6 release, it's only
because of the "$cfgPmaabsoluteUri" directive that must be set
now.
Then we may only ensure compatibily with the config file from
the 2.2.6 release now.

>Possibly we just get around this by documenting the fact that
>is it not recommended they use their old configuration file
>between releases

That's already in the documentation ;)

I wonder what we will do if we add some directive in the next
releases? Won't we have to restore some pices of code to ensure
compatibility? In this case the file Alexander added to the CVS
is not so bad IMHO.

>On the download page, for version 2.2.5, we see that there
>were about 15000 downloads for files with .php3 extension, and
>this is probably a good indicator of the popularity of PHP3,
>even if .php extensions tend to be 5 times more downloaded.

I agree!

Kind regards,
Loïc