[Phpmyadmin-devel] old config file

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Thu Apr 25 09:13:04 CEST 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > Possibly we just get around this by documenting the fact that is it not
> > recommended they use their old configuration file between releases, but
> > instead copy their settings over to the new file by hand?
> This is already in Documentation.html.  But possibly, sysadmins don't
> like that :) Anyway, with the new db-based system, maybe they will have
> less work to do.
I think there will definetly be less work in the end required. Combined
with feature #479640, they will be able to do all of it, and allow their
users some level of control at the same time.

For the time investment of doing the configuration file right once, they
will have access to doing it via the DB nearly exclusively from there on.
(Barring a few configuration settings that I am limiting to the config
file for either security reasons, or the fact that they are needed to
connect to the configuration database)

The security that I am implementing over the DB-based configuration will
enable them to control the level of access that is presented to users by
default.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net