[Phpmyadmin-devel] $cfg and working CVS

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Thu Apr 25 08:32:20 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Johnson" <robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net>

> Those variables that have been added over the growth of PHP are not just
> in this new release, but rather they have been added slowly over our
> development cycle. A person copying a configuration file say between 2.2.0
> and 2.2.6 would face the same problem anyway, just because new variables
> have been added.

If someone used his phpMyAdmin 2.2.0 config file together with 2.2.6, I'd
properbly work since common.lib.php3 adds the missing settings.
If someone used his phpMyAdmin 2.2.0 config file together with 2.3.0-dev,
I'd properbly work since config_import.lib.php3 adds the missing settings.
If someone used his converted 2.2.0 config file together with 2.3.0-dev, I
won't work because common.lib.php3 wouldn't call config_import.lib.php3!
If someone used his phpMyAdmin 2.2.5 config file together with 2.2.6, I'd
properbly work since common.lib.php3 adds the missing settings.
If someone used his phpMyAdmin 2.2.5 config file together with 2.3.0-dev,
I'd properbly work since config_import.lib.php3 adds the missing settings.
If someone used his converted 2.2.5 config file together with 2.3.0-dev, I
won't work because common.lib.php3 wouldn't call config_import.lib.php3!

confused enough? :o)

Alexander