[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.3.0 Roadmap Discussion

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Sun Apr 28 00:38:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Johnson" <robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net>

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 rcaskey at arches.uga.edu wrote:
> > Basically, I am thinking that since phpMyAdmin has started to pollute
> > the database with tables of its own that it might as well use a standard
> > prefix to add a few more tables to enable more features (eventually down
> > the road)...
>
> I didn't read the rest of your email yet, but as regards PMA polluting
> dataspace, I think it is best if we just standardize on using a single
> database for all of our tables. I use 'phpMyAdmin' as my database for all
> of relations and bookmarks, as well as my new DB configuration system.

If a user wants to, he is free chose a prefix for his phpMyAdmin tables.
This is already possible in phpMyAdmin 2.2.x.
Robin, putting all phpMyAdmin tables into a seperate DB is a good solution,
but that's not always possible. I have some MySQL space on my ISP's server,
but it doesn't allow me to create new databases...

Alexander