[Phpmyadmin-devel] New Language scripts

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Fri Aug 9 21:46:03 CEST 2002

Hi List,

I was getting very annoyed at re-arranging language files by hand once I
got new translations, so I sat down and wrote two more scripts for the
language directory.

lang/sort_lang.sh:
Resorts a language file to make it neat and tidy, with blank lines
between groups of alphabetical order strings.

File contents order:
HEAD (everything that doesn't match other stuff) chunk
translated chunk (matching '^[[:space:]]*\$str[[:alnum:]_]*')
untranslated chunk (matching '//.*translate.*$' case-insensative)

Now if we want to merge new languages or language strings easily, just
dump your translated strings into the file, delete the english strings
they replace, and run the sort_lang script on the file. 8-)

lang/check_lang.sh:
Checks for duplicate or missing strings in the language files.

>From using this, I see that there are few duplicated strings in some
language files that should get fixed in 2.3.1, as well as some language
files are missing strings that are in the english file.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2