[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: New Language scripts

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Sat Aug 10 01:10:02 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Johnson" <robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net>
> I was getting very annoyed at re-arranging language files by hand once I
> got new translations, so I sat down and wrote two more scripts for the
> language directory.

Arg, .sh scripts again... Don't you have a heart for poor Windows users like
me...? ;-)

> lang/sort_lang.sh:
> Resorts a language file to make it neat and tidy, with blank lines
> between groups of alphabetical order strings.

Take a look at the Hindi file:
The translated strings are not seperated from the untranslated anymore.
Couldn't you modify your script so it skips all strings that are beyond the
line

// To translate

? The Hindi translator only translated 75 strings in his first revision, so
it would be really annoying to add "//to translate" at the end of each line
;-)

Another small thing:
After your optimization, we now have 2 line feeds between "<?php" and the
CVS $Id$ tag... In all the other files we only have one... :o)

Alexander