[Phpmyadmin-devel] Matching accented characters in PHP ?

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Sat Aug 10 04:09:02 CEST 2002

Hi list,

>From a bug report that was just made about the parser:
SELECT sum(dureé) FROM files;

My parser fails on the é in the query, as I hadn't treated it as a valid
character before now, but re-reading the docs on MySQL column names, as
long as the name is valid in your filesystem, it will be accepted by
MySQL.

This means I need a way to match all accented characers to check for them
in an SQL identifier.

I put together a simple function that I thought should work, but it was
for the windows character range, not iso-8559-1.

Could somebody fix my PMA_STR_isAccented in libraries/string.lib.php3?
I am also wondering if the character set that MySQL is using needs to be
known to use the correct characters for matching accented stuff ?

Could our character set people enlighten me on this please?

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2