[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: New Language scripts

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Sat Aug 10 03:11:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Rabus wrote:
> [...]
Umm, if you are a windows user, you can still run the shell scripts quite
fine. Just set up CygWin/DJGPP/MinGW, ues the bash shell, and you are all
set.

Presently, I do all of my editing at home in a local gvim window, on
Win2K, using cygwin and a ported bash shell. The files i'm editing are
mounted to my local system via NFS from my server, and that works
brilliantly for me.

> > lang/sort_lang.sh:
> > Resorts a language file to make it neat and tidy, with blank lines
> > between groups of alphabetical order strings.
>
> Take a look at the Hindi file:
> The translated strings are not seperated from the untranslated anymore.
> Couldn't you modify your script so it skips all strings that are beyond the
> line
>
> // To translate
>
> ? The Hindi translator only translated 75 strings in his first revision, so
> it would be really annoying to add "//to translate" at the end of each line
> ;-)
Would it be ok if it was all strings matching my string pattern after the
translate comment like that ?

One further thing for the purpose of matching like this, I am going to go
thru all of the files and change the marker for the start of untranslated
strings to something else.
Probably "/* **** UNTRANSLATED STRINGS **** */"
This is because the // To translate is really similar, and I want a
distinct marker.

> Another small thing:
> After your optimization, we now have 2 line feeds between "<?php" and the
> CVS $Id$ tag... In all the other files we only have one... :o)
Sure, fix in progress.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net