[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Question about 2.2.4-cvs

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Fri Feb 8 01:41:02 CET 2002

Hi again!

Luc asked:
>Is insert data action OK?
>My browser display below messages after insert data
>submit(GO).
>  Error
>  MySQL said:
>  Query was empty

We know there are some problem in this area but, at this
time, we can't find where the "bug" is.

>Does this function must need 'stripslashes' ?
>    get_magic_quote_gpc() ? stripslashes($message) :
>    $message;
>In case of japanese-sjis code, this stripslahes is no good.

Yep, it does. If magic_quote_gpc is enabled, php slashes
special characters and we must remove these slashes before
executing the query.
But I've read that some php releases are buggy with japanese
characters. Maybe you can check the official php bug
database?

Loïc