[Phpmyadmin-devel] Site management with phpMyAdmin
DelislMa at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Feb 12 06:53:06 CET 2002
I just saw what is being done by some ISPs, maybe we could add this to
1. The user authenticates himself (http or cookie mode).
2. We check in config if $cfgSiteManagement (or whatever) is allowed.
3. If allowed, we use stduser (or another account) with added
privileges, to enable
the user to create databases (with username_ as prefix), and we give all
this user on this database.
Maybe also a control mecanism to specify:
- which users can use site management
- maximum number of databases per user :)
And because the user has grant access to his dbs, he could use some
our user management panel to allow access to other users.
This control mecanism could be implemented in the 'server config in
More information about the Developers