[Phpmyadmin-devel] Site management with phpMyAdmin - installer script?

Tue Feb 12 07:38:05 CET 2002

"Olivier M." a écrit :

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 09:52:03AM -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > 3. If allowed, we use stduser (or another account) with added
> > privileges, to enable
> > the user to create databases (with username_ as prefix), and we give all
> > privileges to
> > this user on this database.  [...]
>
> sounds interesting, but maybe also a bit complex to implement :)
> In my case, when an user account (webhosting) is created on one of our
> servers, everything is handled by "home made" scripts, creation
> of db and mysql user setup as well, and I don't really see how
> PMA could replace that. Let's see the other comments on the list :)

Olivier,

I don't see the complexity here: it's just a CREATE DATABASE and
a GRANT, with some validation on the db name.

And the new feature would enable users to create their own databases,
a thing that your scripts can't do.

Hmmm it looks like I want to implement this :)

> Something that would still be nice to have IMHA is a web-based
> config.inc.php generator: an install.php3 which would ask
> a few questions (type of auth, type of server: unix->socket, nt->tcp,
> etc.) and then display the corresponding configuration.

Already asked as feature request 486080: Configuration files via the
web.

Marc