[Phpmyadmin-devel] phpMyAdmin 2.2.3-rc1 released

Sat Jan 5 05:42:02 CET 2002

"Olivier M." a écrit :

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 01:32:17PM -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > after a month of development, here it is: the first release candidate for 2.2.3.
> > Have a look at http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net/ for more details.
>
> looks good Marc, thx :-)
>
> So, xmas holidays are finished, back to work now... :/

Welcome back Olivier :)

> I'd have a suggestion for the next version. Since the beginning
> on my servers I have a problem with the left frame: because of the
> javascript stuff and the quantity of db's on the system, the left frame
> is between 500k and a few megabytes big : ok at home via adsl,
> but really unpractical using dialin via analog modem or even cell
> phone.
>
> Proposition: I added a leftlight.php3, with a cfg directive
> in the config.ini, and it looks like that:
>    http://admin.omnis.ch/mysql2/    (demo/demo)
>
> There are some javascript things missing (automatic update
> on both frames on db selection), but I guess you will see
> what I mean :)  Do you find it interesting? If yes I could commit
> the stuff to the cvs.

Yes I find it interesting. And I guess the users who still want to see all
the dbs in the left frame (for easier comparison between dbs) could do
it because it would be configurable.

I would prefer if a link in the left frame could make
me switch between the old and new way, but this would mean one more
URL variable?

We are at 2.2.3-rc1, please wait a few days (after 2.2.3 final) to commit
to cvs.

Marc