[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: phpMyAdmin 2.2.3-rc1 released

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Sat Jan 5 06:32:04 CET 2002

Ciao Loic,

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 02:22:39PM +0100, Loïc wrote:
> Nice to receive some news from you ;) How are you?

200% busy as usually, but that's cool :) Still student (last year),
plus business projects + open source stuff...

> First can you please do some cleanups to our SF shell account: most of
> the time none of us have rights to update/delete files/directories you
> created.

I just made a
chmod -R g+rwx /home/groups/p/ph/phpmyadmin/htdocs
but now there are also many files I can't change myself, so
I guess it would be good if everybody who updated something
on the shell server could run the same command now and then
after every update. This way this problem will be solved (I hope :)

> >Proposition: I added a leftlight.php3, with a cfg directive
> >in the config.ini, and it looks like that:
>
> Uh, this looks really nice :) But don't you think choice between "light" and
> "plain" left frame mode should be offer also to the end user?

yes & no :)  it would be ok, but only if we start with the "light" mode first.
Otherwise the whole page will be loaded (with the huge left frame), and we
could switch to the light page only afterwards...

I think it would be ok to keep the current left.php, while adding he
config variable, and for example an index-light.php in case somebody
would like to see the left-light.php directely even if the config
variable is set to "standard view".

This light-mode would probably not be interesting for the "basic"
users (customers...) : they usually only have one or two databases.
But mostely for the sysadmin (root) : so an extra start page would
be ok I think...

Vous comprenez ? :-)
Olivier