[Phpmyadmin-devel] leftlight stuff

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Fri Jan 11 12:04:08 CET 2002

Hi Marc & rest of the world :)

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:00:03PM -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:

> wow very cool!  I also like the fact that table names are bigger (I suppose they could
> be a little smaller, but I hope not as small as in 2.2.3).

that is most probably a CSS/html side effect: for example in opera the table names
are very big, and in netscape4/linux the font is wrong (small, and times instead of arial).
I'll try to find the bugs, but I guess our XHTML & JS guru Loic will find
that before I will :)

> About "update both frames", which operations leave the user with non-synchronised frames?

I'll also have to open my O'Reilly JS-reference book... But that is most probably
a small issue.

> I could do the lang strings if you want.

If you think the displayed strings are fine, ok :) Otherwise we can wait
a bit more...

> As we said, the view mode should be light by default.

that is currently the case in the cvs config file.

> Could the choice of modes be integrated in
> the new db-based config/preferences module on which Robin is working?

probably... now the question is: do we want to let the user be able
to switch between both modes?

other idea: we could also add a "leftlightdual.php3" which would
display 2 independent pull down menus, and would work the same as
the other -> would be usefull for DB comparaison...

Voila, au boulot... :)
Olivier

PS: have you (or loic) created the phpmyadmin-translators mailing
list ? If yes could you send me the ML admin password? Mine is not
working, and I get a reminder mail every night since about 3 months
because of a problematic posting... Merci!