[Phpmyadmin-devel] leftlight stuff

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Fri Jan 11 12:22:07 CET 2002

hi Robin,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 10:55:51AM -0800, Robin Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > As we said, the view mode should be light by default.  Could the choice
> > of modes be integrated in the new db-based config/preferences module on
> > which Robin is working?
> Put it in the configuration file in the mean time. Using a database for
> all of the configuration options is not on the immediate list for the
> database module.

sounds ok. thinks like this lightleft on/off should probably better be
saved in a cookie on client's side.

> After I have come up with the basics of the database module, the immediate
> uses for it are:
> Per server/database configuration items.
> Host allow/deny rules.
> Column documentation

So as replacement for the
$cfgServers[2]['host']          = '';
$cfgServers[2]['port']          = '';
$cfgServers[2]['socket']        = '';
$cfgServers[2]['connect_type']  = 'tcp';
$cfgServers[2]['stduser']       = '';
[..]
part of the db?

> For the lightleft modes, I would propose that it is an option in the
> configuration file that is disabled by default, as the average user of
> phpMyAdmin really only runs one or two databases. But there should still
> be a link in the main user interface to flip between the two views anyway.

well, the config file is valid for both "normal" users and superuser,
and superuser will probably prefer the light version.  Mmm, maybe we could
add an array in the config file to define the default view on a per-user
base:

$defaultLight = array(	"root"=>TRUE,
			"mysql"=>TRUE,
			"alberto"=>TRUE,