[Phpmyadmin-devel] leftlight stuff

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Fri Jan 11 10:56:03 CET 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:
> As we said, the view mode should be light by default.  Could the choice
> of modes be integrated in the new db-based config/preferences module on
> which Robin is working?
Put it in the configuration file in the mean time. Using a database for
all of the configuration options is not on the immediate list for the
database module.

After I have come up with the basics of the database module, the immediate
uses for it are:
Per server/database configuration items.
Host allow/deny rules.
Column documentation

In any case, the lightleft stuff needs to be in the configuration file for
those that are not using the new db system i'm working on.

For the lightleft modes, I would propose that it is an option in the
configuration file that is disabled by default, as the average user of
phpMyAdmin really only runs one or two databases. But there should still
be a link in the main user interface to flip between the two views anyway.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2