[Phpmyadmin-devel] QBE Updates

Fri Jan 25 06:10:03 CET 2002

"Jay F. Davis" a écrit :

> Hello:
>
> I've been following development of phpMyAdmin for some time now and would
> like to contribute. First, let me say thanks. I'm really impressed with
> the improvements to phpMyAdmin that I've seen just in the past few months.
>
> I've been thinking for some time that I would like to make some
> improvements to the Query by Example (QBE) page of phpMyAdmin. To that
> end, does anyone have any particular ownership of this section of
> phpMyAdmin? I don't want to step on toes but I do think I can contribute
> something valuable.

Jean-François,

Bienvenue!  The dev. team surely welcomes contributors.  Of course,
small,
incremental patches are easier merged than big rewrites, if possible,
unless
they are in a new module.

About ownership of code sections, I cannot speak for others, but I feel
that this project
being open-source, the dev team must be (and is) open-minded for code
improvement.

Your ideas are interesting, you can start :)  About loading sql
statements, maybe
a good way to get the statements (besides pasting and uploading) would
be from the bookmarks file.

Marc