[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [Phpmyadmin-users] phpMyAdmin 2.3.0-rc2 is released

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Mon Jul 1 19:38:24 CEST 2002

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You are welcome to try this second release candidate.  No major bug was
> reported for -rc1, but we improved the new menus, merged some updated
> translations, and fixed some minor problems.

Looks much better - I like the ability to select which tab to default to.

The only problem I had was staring at a blank left hand frame when I knew
there were 1000 databases on the server - I assumed that the permissions
were wrong, somehow I didnt imagine that the '-' in the selection box
meant that there were 1000 db's in there and all I had to do was click in
there to select one ???

I'm not sure how better to do it - maybe the '-' could be '- Click here'
and the 'Please select a database' could be 'to select a database'  ???

Or maybe the 'Please select a database' should be above and then '- Click
here' in the selection box . ???

I like the LeftFrameLight, especially with lots of db's, just found
initial orientation a bit hard .

Regards
Lance

--

uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.