[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [Phpmyadmin-users] phpMyAdmin 2.3.0-rc2 is released

Tue Jul 2 04:57:21 CEST 2002

Lance Davis wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>You are welcome to try this second release candidate.  No major bug was
>>reported for -rc1, but we improved the new menus, merged some updated
>>translations, and fixed some minor problems.
>>

>Looks much better - I like the ability to select which tab to default to.
>
>The only problem I had was staring at a blank left hand frame when I knew
>there were 1000 databases on the server - I assumed that the permissions
>were wrong, somehow I didnt imagine that the '-' in the selection box
>meant that there were 1000 db's in there and all I had to do was click in
>there to select one ???
>
>I'm not sure how better to do it - maybe the '-' could be '- Click here'
>and the 'Please select a database' could be 'to select a database'  ???
>
>Or maybe the 'Please select a database' should be above and then '- Click
>here' in the selection box . ???
>
>I like the LeftFrameLight, especially with lots of db's, just found
>initial orientation a bit hard .
>
>Regards
>Lance

To avoid another new message, I suggest replacing line 194 of left.php3
(current cvs), which is:
echo '            <option value=""> - </option>' . "\n";

by this:
echo '            <option value="">(' .$strDatabases. ')</option>' . "\n";

Comments?
Marc