[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.3.0 schedule

Lo�c loic-div at ifrance.com
Mon Jul 8 01:25:02 CEST 2002

Hi list!

Marc wrote:
>I suggest a -rc3 on July the 14th,  and 2.3.0 on July the 28th.

Why not, but...

>IMHO the goal is not to fix all bugs.

Of course, but before I would like:
- the new parser to be either fixed or removed;
- the whole script to be tested with PHP3 (I can't find time
  to do it yet).

And there are some annoying problems with the wrapped MySQL
function (the ones in "mysql_wrappers.lib.php3" and the one
inside "relation.lib.php3"): how to deal with errors?
1. Using an "@" before calls to these MySQL wrapped functions
   inside the core code is of no use since the error will be
   displayed from inside the function.
2. Adding an "PMA_mysqlDie()" inside the wrapper (just like
   within "PMA_query_as_cu" is also a problem since sometimes
   we may not want the error to be displayed.

For example, just define a "pmadb" that does not exist in the
config file and try to do something with phpMyAdmin: you
always get a MySQL error message while we should only ignore
bookmark/relation... features in this case.

Loïc