[Phpmyadmin-devel] SQL Standards

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Fri Jul 12 09:28:11 CEST 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Beck, Mike wrote:
> > Should we explictly support MySQL where it diverges from the
> > standard, or
> > only support the SQL standard, with minimal MySQL extensions?
> >
> hmm, at least there are some where i really think it is dumb that MySQL
> allows them: especially the _ because it is a wildcard as well, and you can
> get into problems using it.

I definetly agree some of the problems are due to MySQL not following the
SQL standards.

For the moment, I'm going to integrate my tokenizer as is, along with the
extractor and pretty-printer. I'm working on a tokenizer that follows the
SQL standard more closely, and I'll replace the current tokenizer with the
new one that is faster and mostly standards compliant in 2.3.1. There are
a few things MySQL has that I think should stay. Most notable amongst them
is hexadecimal numbers.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net